Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break 2012




 via Pinterest 

Didz is off to China tomorrow morning... a two week trip with his class full of lectures, company visits, presentations... and of course, a little sightseeing. I'm sticking around this part of the world, anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dear friend Annie next week and our girls gettaway to Paris... full of baguettes, cheese, wine, macarons, shopping... and of course, a little sightseeing :)
(I'll let you in on a little secret: Annie's never been to Paris... I'm so excited to see her reaction when she bites into a *real* croissant, or when she sees the Eiffel Tower *SPARKLE*! Her life will never be the same....) 


In the meantime, with Didz gone, I'll be chompin' on some chocolate bunnies and enjoying a little "me" time... I'll paint my nails, watch old Sex & the City episodes, and get the house ready for Annie's arrival.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. How small a world we live in!!!!!! I was at a planning meeting for the bridal shower for Dainiaus fiance, Christine, on Wednesday night. Turns out that one of the women at the meeting, Helen Knowlton, lived next door to your dad and remembers both your dad and aunt. (She would be about his age.)This all came about because I mentioned that I knew of a couple from Canada who were living in Belgium. She asked where and I replied that I couldn't remember the name but I knew it was near Brussels. Then Helen asked if the town was called Leuven. Imagine my surprise! It turns out her niece is studying there for her Masters in Business! Wonder if you and Didz have met her - Melanie Merglesky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I remember the sweet old Mergleskys who lived next door to Mociute when I was growing up and we would come visit in Toronto. I'll be sure to mention it to my dad. We haven't met Melanie, but I'll keep my eye out! Small world, indeed!

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter and safe and fun travels to you all! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you, my little bunny! I stopped by one of the chocolate shops in town to pick up some easter chocolate for myself - wish you were here to enjoy it with me! xo

      Delete
  3. what fun!! i just got the chills thinking of annie's first paris experience. hope its beyond magical, as paris always is. i'll be sending you both crepes and baguettes and cafe giggles in spirit :) xo

    ReplyDelete